Rose Mountain Farm is accepting applications for 2023 Interns. 1 position open.
The Intern/Trainee is engaged in a cooperative educational hands-on training program. The primary purpose of this program is to provide agricultural trainees with exposure to a variety of functions and responsibilities at Rose Mountain Farm. In addition, this on-the-job training is designed to provide the intern with an overall understanding of a for-profit farm's functions, goals, safety regulations, and customer service. 2 days a week are customary. There will be an option to live on site through the summer.
• Appropriate drivers license or have transportation secured
• Be ok with early morning shifts, evening shifts
• Be flexible with schedule changes due to the weather
• Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Able to receive positive direction and constructive criticism
• Organization and time management skills a plus
• Interest in learning organic practices and why
• Ability to work long hours if needed on market days
• Ability to accept others and the differences in each of us, as a learning experience
Even though we are an organic farm, outdoor working environment will have exposure to dust, animal manures and environmental allergens. The internship program is most active in nature and will involve walking, standing, lifting, pulling, pushing, kneeling, stooping, and bending. Some tasks require fine motor skills and coordination, as well as safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to approximately 50 pounds
In addition each seasonal participant will be eligible to apply for a part-time position as a employee at Rose Mountain
Contact us for more
Mail or email to email@example.com PO Box 225 Lansing, NC 28643